The roof is an extremely important element of your home that protects you and your loved ones against bad weather, falling branches, debris, and many other objects. It is needless to say that keeping your roof in good condition is crucial for it to do its job.
A well-maintained roof will keep you safe and last a long time. As your trusted South Shore Roofing roofers are committed to your family’s safety and comfort, we’ve put together some tips to help you keep your roof in great shape for years to come.
Read on to find out how best to go about your residential roof maintenance.
5 Most Important Things to Do
1. Cean up your gutters. Cleaning the gutters will ensure an unobstructed water flow needed for the proper functioning of your gutter system and extend the life of your roof by preventing leaks.
2. Schedule regular roof inspections. A professional inspection once or twice a year is crucial because an untrained eye can easily miss some hidden leaks and damages. It’s best to outsource inspections to professionals who know exactly what to look for.
3. Trim the tree branches around your home. The branches can provide you with a lot of shade, which will come in handy on hot summer days, but they are quite dangerous in winter, especially if they constantly hit your roof.
4. Always check your roof from the ground. Whenever you are outside your home, visually inspect your roof for any missing shingles or other signs of damage. This way, you will develop a good habit of checking your roof and notice minor problems well in advance, before they develop into serious issues.
5. Always keep your roof clean. Leaves, branches, or debris can damage your roof. By keeping it tidy, you will provide it with not only a longer lifespan but also a neater appearance.
What You Should Also Keep in Mind
1. Don’t forget to clean moss. Although moss seems harmless, it actually poses a serious threat to the roof system as it absorbs moisture.
2. Don’t forget to pay attention to the attic. The attic is a great indicator of the condition of your roof. If you happen to see daylight through the boards, or if you see water stains, it’s time to seek professional roofers’ help.
3. Don’t forget to check your roof after storms or other bad weather conditions. A severe storm can cause serious damages to your roof, so make sure to call our experts at South Shore Roofing ASAP. We’ll inspect it thoroughly and make sure to get it back into top shape.
4. Don’t forget to check the ventilation on your roof. Your roof must be properly ventilated because without proper roof breathing and air circulation, ice dams and excessive moisture may form on the roof.
5. Don’t postpone maintenance and wait until problems are discovered. Roof damages may develop even when you don’t see them. The longer you postpone repairs and roof maintenance, the more dangerous the damages may become. Your roof is your first line of defense and deserves special attention.
How Can We Help You?
South Shore Roofing is a residential roofing company with a well-established reputation for helping our locals. We only hire industry experts who will look after your roof properly. We are professionals in every way, so you can be sure that your roof and home are in the best hands.
We will take care of your residential roofing system like no other! Feel free to call us now, and we will answer all your questions or schedule a free inspection of your roof.